Government Affairs Commitee
The Government Affairs Committee of the DSAGC is comprised of a group of concerned parents and professionals, who have a passion for both advocacy work and the mission of DSAGC and advocacy work. Their role is to spearhead any advocacy efforts on behalf of all the individuals with Down syndrome and their families throughout Greater Cincinnati. This committee meets every two or three months to discuss next steps in our advocacy efforts. Here are some roles and projects that the committee is involved in:
- Follow and publicize to individuals and families relevant local, state, and national legislative and regulatory developments impacting the Down syndrome community.
- Seek input from individuals and families for ways in which government advocacy can support the mission of the DSAGC.
- Recommend advocacy efforts to the DSAGC Board of Directors to support the mission of the DSAGC.
- Mobilize and engage others in advocacy efforts, which will provide a broader base of support.
- Coordinate advocacy efforts with other regional and national Down syndrome organizations, such as the National Down Syndrome Society, the Down Syndrome Affiliates in Action as well as other Down syndrome affiliates in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.
If you are interested in being a part of the Government Affairs Committee, please contact Jim Hudson at email@example.com.