From time to time, the DSAGC will be looking for talented individuals who have a passion for our mission as well as possess the right combination of character, competencies and chemistry with the staff to round out our team. If we have any current openings, we will list them on our website. If you don’t see any current job listings, please feel free to check back at a later date to see if our needs have changed.
Early Matters Coordinator
This is a multifaceted role as the needs of our families who have a child with Down syndrome are complex and diverse. The DSAGC Early Matters Coordinator is the main support services provider for all of our Early Matters families. Oftentimes, the person in this role is the first representative from the DSAGC with whom new parents come in contact. In addition to providing support services, this person will collaborate with the Empowerment Center Coordinator on the ideation of programs that we offer Early Matters families. The person in this role needs to be a visionary leader with strong interpersonal and organizational skills. He/she will also need to have the ability to empathetically connect with and walk alongside these new parents wherever they may be emotionally and practically as they begin to raise their baby or young child with Down syndrome. We envision this position averaging 30 – 35 hours/week.
- Background in providing emphatic personal support to others going through challenging seasons of life is critical to this role.
- Proven track record in public speaking, networking, empowering others and multitasking.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to both lead individuals and teams as well as be an effective team player.
- Experience working with Cincinnati area African-American and/or Latino communities strongly preferred. Fluency in Spanish would be helpful, but is not required.
- Computer competency in Microsoft Office Suite products and experience with databases.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable automobile and appropriate insurance coverage.
- Four-year degree preferred.
- Flexibility to work 30-35 hours per week, including occasional evenings and weekends.
If you are interested in the Early Matters Coordinator position, please email a cover letter stating why you feel like you would be a good fit for the position as well as why you are passionate about our mission. Please send your cover letter and resume to Amie Lefebvre at email@example.com.