When we scan the landscape of our region, there are limitless opportunities to do outreach work with professionals who interact with and/or support children and adults with Down syndrome and their families. Our Outreach Coordinator will be the staff person on our team who will take the point for a variety of outreach initiatives. This person will help better educate and empower these professionals to be collaborative partners with us as we strive to fulfill our mission and vision.
The ideal person for this role needs to be at ease with public speaking, networking, recruiting and motivating a wide array of community members, leaders and volunteers. This person must also be comfortable wearing a few different hats within the DSAGC in terms of their outreach responsibilities. Because of the nature of this outreach position, we are hoping to attract candidates who have experience with and connections to diverse populations within our community.
We envision this position averaging 30 – 35 hours/week.
- Proven track record in public speaking, networking, empowering others and multi-tasking.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead both individuals and teams of people.
- Experience working with Cincinnati-area African American and/or Latino communities is strongly preferred. Fluency in Spanish would be helpful, but is not required.
- Computer competency in Microsoft Office Suite products and experience with databases.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable automobile and appropriate insurance coverage.
- Four-year degree preferred.
- Flexibility to work 30-35 hours per week, including occasional evenings and weekends.
If you are interested in the Outreach Coordinator position, please email a cover letter stating why you feel like you would be a good fit for the position as well as why you are passionate about our mission. Please send your cover letter and resume to Amie Lefebvre at firstname.lastname@example.org.