From time to time, the DSAGC will be looking for talented individuals who have a passion for our mission as well as possess the right combination of character, competencies and chemistry with the staff to round out our team. If we have any current openings, we will list them on our website. If you don’t see any current job listings, please feel free to check back at a later date to see if our needs have changed.
Adult Matters Coordinator
The needs for our Adult Matters program are complicated as the needs of our adult population of individuals with Down syndrome are complex, diverse and ever-changing. We have identified six core needs related to our adults with DS and they are: Housing, Full Employment, Transportation, Health Care, Social Networking and Aging. The person in this role needs to be comfortable balancing the demands of program management, support needs for our Self-Advocates and their families, as well as “resource research / community networking.” We envision this position averaging 30 – 35 hours/week. To see a full job description outlining the responsibilities, please visit www.dsagc.com/about-us/careers.
- Background in program development is essential along with the emotional intelligence to provide empathetic support when needed.
- Proven track record in problem solving, networking, empowering others and multitasking.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to both lead individuals and teams while also being an effective team player.
- Experience working with Cincinnati area African-American and/or Latino communities strongly preferred. Fluency in Spanish would be helpful, but is not required.
- Computer competency in Microsoft Office Suite products and experience with databases.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable automobile and appropriate insurance coverage.
- Four-year degree preferred.
- Flexibility to work 30-35 hours per week, including occasional evenings and weekends.
If you are interested in the Adult Matters Coordinator position, please email a cover letter stating why you feel like you would be a good fit for the position as well as why you are passionate about our mission. Please send your cover letter and resume to Amie Lefebvre at email@example.com.