Diversity and Inclusion
The Down Syndrome Association of Greater Cincinnati embraces values, policies, and practices to ensure that all individuals with Down syndrome and their families are represented by the organization and treated with dignity and respect. The DSAGC makes this commitment with equal care, consideration, and opportunity for people of all races, ethnicities, national origins, ages, genders, sexual orientations, identities, incomes, geographic locations, special health care needs, citizenships, languages, philosophies, or religions.
The diversity of our entire community strengthens the DSAGC. The wide array of skills, qualities, attributes, and backgrounds of individuals with Down syndrome and their families defines who we are and helps fulfill our mission. We recognize, value, and act upon the range of perspectives, voices, and experiences of the individuals and families we serve.
The DSAGC honors the uniqueness of each individual. We work continually for inclusiveness in all our programs and services, to promote understanding and respect, and to celebrate diverse backgrounds.
The DSAGC strives to meet this commitment by:
- Designing programs and services that address the needs of everyone we serve;
- Improving access and inclusion for all who need our programs and services;
- Seeking to recruit diverse leaders, stakeholders, employees, volunteers, vendors, and presenters;
- Celebrating the diversity of our community in organizational materials;
- Engaging with and actively seeking to be informed by the communities we serve; and
- Encouraging participation from all communities we serve.