Adult Matters (ages 18 & up)
We have identified six core needs at this point related to our adults with Down syndrome. They are housing, full employment, transportation, healthcare, social networking and aging. The Adult Matters Program focuses on offering a variety of social and educational events related to those six core needs as well as helping our adults connect with their communities.
Our Adult Matters Coordinator:
• Assists families in the preparation of future planning documents.
• Provides consultation on topics such as housing, full employment, transportation, healthcare, social networking and aging.
• Delivers consistent quality programs focusing on therapeutic, recreational, educational, and social opportunities.
• Plans and implements our signature Independent Living Retreat.
• Connects relatable families to each other through in-person opportunities, online chat groups, and more.
• Advocates for all adults by meeting with healthcare professionals, legislators, and employers.
• Offers resources such as Hospital Care Packages, Community Participation Fund, Giving Tree program and more.
• Researches and forwards resources, referrals, best practices, community opportunities, etc.
• Fosters relationships with adults and their families to provide support however it is needed.
Adult Matters Coordinator Contact Information